UMW Athletics and the Eagle Club will again host tailgating at the Battleground Athletic Complex presented by Virginia Lottery as part of Homecoming festivities on Saturday, October 19. This exciting aspect of Homecoming, reintroduced in 2013, bridges a gap to the past when tailgating on game day was an annual tradition at the University.
The Eagle Club is again offering fourteen Premium Tailgate Spaces in the Soccer Lot!
Homecoming Game Schedule
Women's Rugby vs Alumni – 10:00 am – Rugby Field, Battleground Athletic Complex
Men's Rugby vs. TBA – 1:00 pm – Rugby Field, Battleground Athletic Complex
Field Hockey vs. York – 12:00 – Turf Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
Women's Soccer vs. CNU – 12:00 – Grass Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
Volleyball vs. CNU - 2:00 - Ron Rosner Arena, Anderson Center
Men's Soccer vs. CNU – 2:30 – Grass Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
General tailgate spaces in the soccer lot are available for $200 per space. Premium tailgate spaces in the soccer lot are now sold out. Spaces went on sale starting September 1, 2019.
· Due to the size of the crowd and for all fans safety, NO VEHICLES will be permitted to stay in the soccer lot. After dropping off supplies and belongings, patrons will be directed to the nearest parking area.
· The tailgate lot opens at 9:30 a.m. and vehicles will be permitted to drop off supplies and belongings until 10:30 a.m. Vehicles must be out of the tailgating area by 10:30 a.m.
· Purchaser(s) of each space will receive ten (10) complimentary wristband tickets in the mail and is responsible for distributing them to his/her guests. Premium spaces will receive twenty (20) wristband tickets.
· There is a $10 entry fee for those Eagle fans without a reserved space who wish to enter the tailgating lot. Must have photo ID to enter the tailgating lot.
· NO GLASS containers will be permitted into the tailgating lot. Any glass containers found in the tailgate lot will be confiscated and disposed of.
· NO DOGS will be permitted to enter the tailgating area. Service dogs with appropriate documentation will be permitted.
· UMW Athletics cannot guarantee patrons will get their 1st or 2nd tailgating space choice, but we will try our best to accommodate.
To reserve your space for October 19, please view the TAILGATE MAP and then PAY ONLINE or send payment to UMW Athletics at the address below, either via mail or in person. Spaces will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and sales end Tuesday, October 8!
VIEW TAILGATE MAP! (map is updated periodically, purchased spaces may not be updated)
PAY ONLINE!(must agree electronically to tailgating policy)
Mail check and signed agreement to:
University of Mary Washington Athletics
106 Goolrick Hall
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
University of Mary Washington Tailgating Policy
Established June, 2013
Tailgating is defined as parking in a designated location/area and/or setting up nonpermanent facilities such as tables and chairs to consume food and beverages. Alcohol for those individuals of legal age may be permitted for the premises outlined below.
The University of Mary Washington does not sanction the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages by underage persons; nor does it sanction the violation of federal, state, or local law. All rules and regulations of the University of Mary Washington remain in effect.
Individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Individuals acting in a disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or be subject to a citation or arrest. Noise levels for electronic sound amplification must be kept at a reasonable level. Both host and guest may be held liable for disruptive behavior.
Tailgating with alcoholic beverages is permitted only in only one area: the Hanover Street lot adjacent to the soccer complex (Fields B and C). Tailgating is permitted only on the Saturday of Homecoming weekend from 9:30am until one hour after the conclusion of the last soccer game or at other events approved by the University of Mary Washington. Tailgating is permitted in designated and marked parking spaces only. Limit two spaces per customer. Parking spaces are standard size and large recreational vehicles (RVs) or oversized vehicles are not permitted. Beginning September 1, spaces may be reserved for $200. Spaces may be reserved by contacting the UMW Athletic Department. Tailgating is limited to directly behind your parked vehicle and roadways may not be blocked for any reason. Tailgating is not permitted in any other area.
Consumption of Alcohol
No alcohol may be sold. No underage consumption or distribution of alcohol is permitted. No glass containers may be allowed into tailgate lot. It is expected that all participants will have valid ID clearly showing date of birth on their person. No student organization may distribute alcohol. Drinking games are prohibited.
Consumption and Preparation of Food
No food may be sold. Propane grills are the only permissible sources of heat cooking and responsible parties shall monitor use and extinguishment. Charcoal grills are prohibited. Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited.
Dogs and other pets, aside from service animals, are prohibited.
All groups and individuals are responsible for the safe and proper disposal of trash and other. Failure to comply could result in suspension of future use or assessment of a clean-up fee. Trash containers will be provided in the tailgating area.
No sales activities are permitted in the tailgating areas.
No permanent or semi-permanent structures may be constructed or placed on University grounds.
Banners or signage recognizing or endorsing businesses or products may not be displayed.