#23 UMW Men's Tennis Falls at #6 Cal Lutheran, 8-1
The 23rd ranked University of Mary Washington men's tennis team dropped an 8-1 decision at #6 Cal Lutheran University on Monday in Los Angeles. The Eagles fall to 6-4 on the season.
The Kingsmen won at all six singles flights, with UMW's Alex Blakhin advancing his match to a third set before falling in a super breaker, 10-7.
UMW will return to action on Thursday when they visit nationally-ranked Pomona-Pitzer Colleges at 6:00 Eastern time.
Tennis Match Results
Mary Washington vs Cal Lutheran
Mar 04, 2013 at Thousand Oaks, CA
#6 Cal Lutheran 8, #23 Mary Washington 1
1. Nicholas Ballou (CLU) def. Tyler Carey (UMW) 6-2, 6-1
2. Ray Worley (CLU) def. Evan Charles (UMW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alex Nichols (CLU) def. Alex Blakhin (UMW) 6-2, 4-6, 7-6
4. Connor Treacy (CLU) def. Sam Wichlin (UMW) 6-3, 6-3
5. Thomas Millet (CLU) def. D. Lunding-Johansson (UMW) 6-2, 6-3
6. Devon Belcher (CLU) def. Will Apperson (UMW) 6-2, 6-2
1. Nicholas Ballou/Ray Worley (CLU) def. Evan Charles/Donato Rizzolo (UMW) 8-5
2. Alex Nichols/Connor Treacy (CLU) def. Tyler Carey/Kaleb Nguyen (UMW) 8-4
3. Alex Blakhin/Sam Wichlin (UMW) def. Thomas Millet/Marcelo Sousa (CLU) 8-6
Mary Washington 6-4; National ranking #23
Cal Lutheran 6-1; National ranking #6